- 337 Dead Whales In Chile: What The Worst Case Of Mass Deaths
- Children from Gaza with heart disease treated in Israel
- Natural Remedy To Clear Blocked Arteries | Health Tips
- Arteries Unclog Foods | Best Health Food
- How to Maintain the Health of the Gut Priorities for Health
- 1 Natural Oil Trick to Get Rid of Bad Breath, Plaque…
An Urban E-Health Project in Rio de JaneiroIn 2012, the City of Rio de Janeiro partnered with the New Cities Foundation and its member organizations to launch an innovative Task Force on E-health in the community of Santa Marta in Rio.
The Task Force provided the community's local clinic with an e-health backpack containing equipment able to collect patient health data. The clinic's health workers were able to use the backpack to travel through the neighborhood to reach elderly patients and those who have difficulty accessing the family clinic due to mobility issues.
The project's recent findings demonstrate the potential of e-health to provide greater access to healthcare in a previously underserved community, increasing quality of health services and lowering overall healthcare costs through increased efficiencies.
Find out more:
Read our article in the American Journal of Nursing at http://www.newcitiesfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/PDF/AJN-0813-Taking-Health-to-the-Streets.pdf?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=7f0b60fe63-NCF_monthly_newsletter_May5_2_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_86cc2e8be9-7f0b60fe63-
Images : Marcelo Pizzato
Sound : Victor Cao
Motion Design : Micael Hocherman